Monday, April 28, 2014

Willkommen!

Ahhh fashion - that elusive bitch. The blogger - always so put together. Plus sized fun - yeah but I'm so short!

I'm always looking for ways to mix up my wardrobe, but often struggle with innovative ideas. Sometimes it's because I've had the clothes for too long and can't get away from the way I've seen it work. Sometimes it's because I've had the clothes for too long and they are not looking their brightest anymore. Sometimes it's because I'm short. Sometimes it's because I'm plus-size. But all the time, it's a source of frustration.

So this brings me here to today. After hours of combing through fashion blogs, I'm taking the leap into one of my very own. A chronicle of my trials and tribulations as a petite plus-sized woman living and working in a business world.

Let's be clear, I'm really no fashionista. In fact, I'd say my style is pretty conservative, classic, straightforward, and more often than not business focused. My goal with this blog is to record my trials and tribulations as I invest in my wardrobe, remix what I've got, get brave, and get proud of who I am and what I look like TODAY. Not when that next diet works. Not in 6 months. NOW. Who the hell knows, I may even include some inspirational posts about finding, loving, and accepting yourself. Because if you don't love yourself now, you won't love yourself later.

I'd also say I'm pretty frugal when it comes to spending money on clothes. I get nervous about spending $100 on a blouse. Because WHY!?!?! I don't know what the future brings and I'm really trying to invest more, so we'll see where we end up. My hope is to be thoughtful about costs, but find good solid pieces that are diverse and quality. Sounds like there's an adventure ahead, so let's do this!

Cheers,
Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment