Wednesday, April 30, 2014

What's Black, Blue, and Confident All Over?

Earlier today I saw the most amazing little word photo and it just made my day. For someone who is plus-size and always concerned about how I look...or probably more often what's wrong with how I look...this was such a great reminder.


So insecurities be damned, I'm going to rock it.




This was today's outfit. A little casual, a little professional, and a LOT comfortable.

The chiffon blue top was a Kohl's find a few months back. It's from the Jennifer Lopez collection and is super flowy and very forgiving.  I really love this piece because it has just a hint of detailing with the gold chain on the shoulder.







 However, this top is very flowy, which on my frame can make me appear bigger than I actually am, so I added a black stretch belt for some shape. Because I'm a little self conscious about my arms, (this pic of me with bare arms is a BIG DEAL people - CONFIDENCE!!), and I wanted to be work appropriate, I added this great black blazer to the look. I topped the whole thing over a pair of black skinnies from Old Navy. The Rock Star collection rocks my socks y'all. Finishing touches of my favorite Anne Klein wedges and a strand of pearls and voila! A comfy, casual, yet still appropriate work look.


It's beautiful in Seattle today so I was excited to take these photos on my balcony. Look at that tree in bloom! Also, my friend Aimee is always sending me incredible photos from our city and today is no exception. Check out the beauty of this warm spring day in Seattle. I mean honestly...





If you love the look, you can find similar pieces here: 
Jennifer Lopez top / black wide stretch belt from Target / blazer from Target / Old Navy The Rockstar Skinny Jeans / Anne Klein wedges / pearls from Wal-Mart (although honestly I would just go to a store and check out what's on clearance. I'm pretty sure this strand was a clearance find)


Remember - your best outfit is confidence, so rock it!

Cheers,
Sabrina


No comments:

Post a Comment